This year's sale will be held in cooperation with the Garrison's Landing Association and the Garrison Art Center at the Historic Landing. The event is located on Garrison's Landing Road at the water's edge and directly across the Hudson River from West Point. Garrison, New York is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is a pleasurable experience as is the rest of the Hudson Valley with numerous historic restorations within an hour's drive.
National Geographic Traveler named the Hudson Valley one of the top 20 must-see destinations in the world. Designated as a National Heritage Area, the Hudson River Valley is steeped in history and offers insights into the beginnings of the United States. It’s the country’s oldest wine producing area with magnificent scenery that inspired the Hudson River School of Painting, the first art movement in the United States.
Day 1- Our usual format will apply offering fine and decorative arts with an emphasis on Hudson Valley items and New York State related items. Included in the sale will be 200 paintings, 40 pieces of 18th century furniture, 100 pieces of European and Chinese export porcelain, Peking glass along with European art glass by the leading makers. Jewelry, silver, bronzes plus 100 movie picture posters.
Day 2- Includes part IV of the Jay & Miki Mangan collection and the day promises a fine collection of engraved Colt's, Lugers, Native American, historical Hudson Valley, Revolutionary War related materials, Civil War items, New York State and Hudson Valley related documents, historical prints, military and naval items as well as swords, armor and firearms. Consignment Deadline is June 14 with some leeway.
From New York City– Take Metro North train from Grand Central to Garrison New York and walk to the event.
From Albany—take Amtrak's Empire Corridor trains to Garrison and walk to the event.
By Yacht- Garrison Yacht Club Marina just steps away. Coordinates 41°22'54.24?N, 73°56'50.84?W. As an alternative use Cold Spring Marina-coordinates 41°25'8?N 73°57'16W 41°25'8N 73°57'16W. Call for free pick up to the auction (914) 474- 7710
By Automobile-From U. S. Route 9, follow signs for waterfront Garrison’s Landing.
1. Turn left onto NY-403 N/Cat Rock Rd 72 ft
2. Turn right to stay on NY-403 N/Cat Rock Rd 2.3 mi
3. Continue onto County Rd 12/Lower Station Rd 0.6 mi
4. Continue onto Upper Station Rd
5. Turn left to stay on Upper Station Rd 141 ft.
6. Take the 1st left onto Garrisons Landing 25 ft
Airports serving- Newburgh, Westchester, LaGuardia and JFK
Places to stay:
1. Hudson House Inn, Main Street, Cold Spring, NY, 845.265.9355
2. Pig Hill Inn, 73 Main Street, Cold Spring, NY 10516 ~ 845-265-9247
3. The Garrison Inn- 2015 Route 9, P.O. Box 348, Garrison, NY 10524 (845) 424-3604
4. The Bird and Bottle Inn- 1123 Old Albany Post Road, Garrison, NY 10524, (845) 424-2333
5. Bear Mountain Inn- 55 Hessian Drive Bear Mountain, NY 10911 Phone: (845)786-2731
Meta: Things to do in the Hudson Valley, Antiques in the Hudson Valley, Auctions in the Hudson Valley, tourism in the Hudson Valley.